We can’t afford not to be nice 😉
- 3 meals a day, tea, coffee and soft drinks during breaks
- Accommodation (shared or single)
- Artist’s fee, taxes, assistants and models
- Easel, Gamsol and brush-cleaner
- Possibly one outdoor activity
The fee does NOT include:
- Alcohol — We’re a company dedicated to education, so legally we cannot provide alcohol, which doesn’t mean you can’t buy it?
- Farewell dinner — It depends on how many people and restaurants availability so we organize it a few days before. We usually have a great dinner for ±30€.
- Laundry — Paint stains on our clothes are always welcome; but for everything else, 10€ a bag.
- Excursions — There is nothing programmed and we improvise them whenever the weather and the mood are good. If you have not chosen the rental car option, you will probably have to pay a taxi to move around. It usually comes cheap because people use to organize and share cars.
Any other unsolved question? I’m here to clear any doubts.
Our studio, located at the Estate’s former cheese manufacturing nave, is available for the students beyond workshops’ schedule time. There’s no schedule for inspiration.
All rooms are at Son Triay, a neoclassical mansion at Menorca countryside. It has shared rooms and single rooms, besides 4 annexed bungalows for groups or families, as well as other facilities to be used by the participants: swimming pool, sitting rooms, terraces, gardens, chapel, tennis court, etc.
...And everything just a few minutes away from the south coast virgin beaches ?
They’re great little houses with a small kitchen, bathroom, living room and a terrace.
The residency includes 3 meals a day: breakfast, lunch and dinner, as well as water, coffee, tea and soft drinks for studio breaks. Special dietary needs must be notified in advance in order to be properly satisfied.
If you need a family bungalow, extra accommodation or rental car days, more companions, or whatever else you may need... consult us and we’ll prepare a personalized budget for you. Besides rooms inside the house, you can also rent bungalows at the same Estate, just a few meters away. So if you’re a 4-5 good friends group, don’t hesitate in contacting us and we’ll organize everything for you. There are also people who rent bungalow just for themselves, as a single room: they are great little houses with a small kitchen, bathroom, living room and a terrace.
You can ask for an installment plan, but we can’t apply refund policy to this kind of payment. Contact us to set an installment plan.
If you choose an installment plan the whole payment must be done, at least, 30 days prior to workshop’s starting date. If not, Menorca Pulsar reserves the right to cancel admission.
Terms & Conditions
A. When buying our product you’re accepting these terms and conditions, and your companions too.
B. It is your responsibility to be in possession of a valid passport or Identification Card as well as all visas, permits, certificates, or any other document needed for the whole of the journey, including medical certificates.
C. Admission will be under chronological criteria.
D. Non-students are welcome when booking a single room + companion. If you also book a rental car, you’ll both share one car. Contact us if you want an extra car.
A. You must be physically and mentally fit for the proposed activities before arrival. If you have any doubts about this, please contact us and explain any medical conditions that may affect the running of the workshop. Some workshops may not be suitable for people with certain medical conditions.
B. The very nature of some of these workshops (particularly the Plein Air ones) means you may be visiting a variety of outdoor and indoor locations. Some of these may entail an element of risk (countryside, villages, harbors...) and, whilst every possible effort is made to ensure your safety, it is up to you to use your own judgement and sense in order to ensure your personal safety
A. If you choose direct bank transfer option, we’ll keep your spot as far as the payment is completed within 5 days.
B. You can ask for an installment plan, but we can’t apply refund policy to this kind of harbors. Contact us to set an installment plan.
C. If you choose an installment plan the whole payment must be done, at least, 30 days prior to workshop’s starting date. If not, Menorca Pulsar reserves the right to cancel admission.
A. Menorca Pulsar reserves the right to change any of the prices, limit class size, services or contents at any time. If this happens we will notify you immediately and will give you the opportunity of accepting or canceling.
B. Menorca Pulsar reserves the right to postpone or cancel a workshop if the required minimum number of participants is not reached. In this case, we would notify you before 30 days prior to workshop starting date.
C. If we cancel a workshop, we will fully refund all your payments. Refunds are limited to total payments made to Menorca Pulsar. If you choose an installment plan and we cancel a workshop, the refund will be limited to installments already paid.
D. Menorca Pulsar cannot be liable for any consequential loss of any kind however that loss is incurred, so we strongly suggest not buying plane tickets until we confirm the workshop.
E. In the unlikely event that the named teacher is unable to attend due to illness or other circumstances beyond his control, we would fully refund your fee. If a teacher must leave after a workshop has begun, you will be refunded a pro-rated amount.
F. The very nature of the Plein Air Workshops offered requires flexibility by all parties and must allow for alternatives because of weather/local conditions, etc. For this reason, the outline itinerary and outdoors workshop description must be taken as an indication of what may take place in the workshop, and not as a contractual obligation.
A. Registration fees are neither refundable, transferable nor exchangeable.
B. If you want to cancel, you have to properly notify us in advance. The date the notification is received by us determines the % of refund applicable:
- More than 90 days: 70% refund
- 90 to 30 days: 50% refund
- 30 to 15 days: 30% refund
- 15 days or less before workshop starts: no refund
C. If you chose an installment plan, there’s no cancellation refund.
D. In the case of cancellation, your fee will be fully refunded.
E. If the cancellation is covered under the terms of your insurance policy you may be able to claim these charges to your insurance company.
A. Accommodation will be under chronological criteria.
B. No pets are allowed.
C. Use of illegal substances is prohibited on the Property.
D. The facilities, services, and tuition provided on these workshops are for the exclusive use of our clients. Guests are not allowed without the express permission of Menorca Pulsar. If you want to bring a guest, contact us so we get to an arrangement.
A. As soon as you land in Menorca you’ll be welcomed by an assistant who will take you to the residency. And as soon as you get there, Carles and Jorge will welcome you and will help you with your initial needs. This service is only possible if you notify in advance your arrival date and time, as well as your flight number.
B. If your arrival is not properly notified or if you arrive on a different flight without notifying, you’ll be responsible for organizing transfer yourself and of its cost. If you don’t arrive workshop’s check-in day, but any other, the transfer will not be included. If you need a transfer service, contact us.
A. Neither Menorca Pulsar or their assigns is liable to any injuries or health problems sustained by the student during the stay.
B. Neither Menorca Pulsar or their assigns is liable for any and all stolen property at lodging place Son Triay. It’s a family environment and there’s nothing to fear, but we suggest you keep your belongings safely.
C. You shall sign a document stating you are responsible for all your actions, safety, and risks you may take during the workshop.
D. Menorca Pulsar does not accept responsibility or liability for death, bodily injury or illness caused to the client or any other person included on the application form. Any claims shall be subject to Spanish law in respect of any question of liability or quantum.
E. Your own insurance policy must cover any eventuality such as accident, illness, death and any repatriation cost.
F. Menorca Pulsar does not accept liability for any loss or additional expense caused by delay or interruption to travel services through weather conditions, civil disturbance, industrial action, strikes, wars, floods, sickness or force majeure. Such losses or additional expenses are the responsibility of the passenger. Force majeure represents unusual and unforeseeable circumstances such as war or the threat of war, riots, terrorist activity, civil strife, industrial disputes, natural or nuclear disaster, fire, flood or adverse weather conditions.
G. You must show evidence of your identification and insurance cover at the time of your arrival to the residency. We will require:
- Name of Insurance Company
- Insurance Policy Number
- Insurance Emergency or Hotline telephone number.
- If you arrive late, please enter quietly and do not disrupt the class.
- Don’t comment on others’ work unless it is solicited.
- Please refrain from personal discussions while class is in session.
- Smoking inside the studio is prohibited, there are areas reserved for smokers.
- All mobile devices must be silenced during in the atelier. Music devices may also be disallowed during sessions.
- Please refrain from talking to the models while they are posting.
- Photo and video are not allowed without the express permission of the model.
- Never touch the model or correct the model’s pose.
- Economize your workspace to accommodate fellow students.
- Solvents, easels, and fixatives are included. Gamsol is the only solvent allowed, seriously no exception.
- All artists are required to keep their work area clean. Please clean up your work area and properly dispose of your waste after class.
- Keep coffee table clean, and keep things in their place.
- Don’t leave empty cardboard cups on the floor, always use your litter.
- Don’t put liquids into the litter, use bathroom sink.
Image and Video capturing
- We love people taking pics and videos, but ask first for models permission.
- Menorca Pulsar will record teacher’s demos and students works for promotional purpose only (website, blog, etc.).
- The studio is available for the students beyond workshops’ schedule time.