Nick Alm Workshop
Students: 12 minimum – 18 maximum
Price: Starting at 1.895€
Includes: Full accommodation, breakfast, lunch & dinner
Days: 5 days workshop, 7 days in residency
Workshop Dates: Reception Octubre 11th / Workshop 12th – 16th October / Check out October 17th (2021)
Time: 9AM-6PM, includes 2 hours of lunch break & coffee
Location: Biniatram, Menorca (Spain)
Cohabitation: students stay at the same house as Nick Alm
Models: Two models at a time every session
Program: download the program in PDF
Status: CONFIRMED & SOLD OUT — If you want to receive notifications for future editions, you better join the waitlist.
Covid-19: read our Covid-19 Guideline
Who is this workshop for?
We all know, better or worse, the basic notions of drawing, color, edges, and brushstrokes. It's within the art books, super well explained... right?
However, knowing at a theoretical level how the most basic things work does not guarantee that we can perform well on a practical level.
We collapse by putting everything together at the same time because we lack experience and practical vision. Because you learn to paint by painting, not by studying how to paint.
But there are two other things that we need, in addition to practice, to strengthen all these notions:
- Observing how someone better than us does it.
- That a good mentor tells us what we are doing well, and what we are doing wrong.
This is a workshop aimed at those artists who know that the experience of observing live demonstrations is fundamental to understand everything that books can’t describe.
And if the demonstrations and mentoring come from the hand of an artist like Nick Alm... what more could you ask for? 😏
Perfect for you if...
- You want to learn to observe and synthesize the model better.
- You want to learn to paint more economically and efficiently, without renouncing expressiveness.
- You would love to meet more people like you, participate in talks about art and live with Nick Alm.
NOT for you if...
- You have never painted a human figure in oil.
- You are not interested in classical procedures.
- You are not good at socializing with other artists, participating in talks, etc.
What will you learn?
This workshop is 100% focused on consolidating the most fundamental notions of painting: drawing, color, edges, and brushstrokes. Nick will teach you to better observe the model, to discriminate information and to synthesize the form.
Every morning Nick will perform three hours of a live demonstration.
Then, in the afternoon, you will paint the same exercise from life while the teacher walks around correcting.
In total you will paint 2 to 4 poses, portraits and nudes, of male and female figures, depending on the needs and rhythm of the group.