Shane Wolf Workshop
Learn to paint from preparatory drawings
Students: 12 minimum – 16 maximum
Price: Starting at 1.745€
Includes: Full accommodation, breakfast, lunch, dinner, and airport shuttle
Days: 5 days workshop, 6 nigths in residency
Workshop Dates: Reception October 5th. Workshop October 6th – 10th. Check out October 11th (2020)
Time: 9AM-6PM, includes 2 hours lunch break & coffee
Location: Son Triay, Menorca (Spain)
Models: Two models at a time every session
Status: OPEN TUITION
Download program & supply list (PDF): ENGLISH | ESPAÑOL
Students stay at the same house as Shane Wolf
Who is this workshop for?
This workshop is for those artists who do not want to always paint being subordinated to the live model, for several reasons:
- Because it limits the potential to experiment.
- For the cost of investment in model fees.
- Because the anxiety to be faithful to the model blocks creative freedom.
Schools have accustomed their students to work on a figure for weeks so that students have come to confuse the pleasure of studying from life with their artwork
However, studies with a live model must be oriented towards a more ambitious artistic vision. These are not an objective in themselves, but a means to the realization of our work.
If you think that you are not going to be able to make the compositions that you have in your head limiting yourself only to working from life all the time, this is your workshop.
Shane Wolf will teach you, from experience, the process he uses to develop his works from preparatory studies.
It’s perfect for you if…
- You want to work with live models as a means to carry out your work, and not as a goal itself.
- You want to learn the keys to painting without depending on the model all the time, focusing on the impact of your work.
- You would love to meet more people like you, participate in talks about art and live with Shane Wolf.
It’s NOT for you if…
- You conceive working with live models as a goal itself, and not as a means of serving your expression.
- You think there are no advantages in painting without depending entirely on the live model.
- You are not good at socializing with other artists, participating in talks, etc.
What will you learn?
Shane Wolf will show you his approach to creating a preparatory drawing from the live model, and then how to create a finished painting from this preparatory study.
A solid preparatory drawing from life will give you tremendous freedom when moving to paint: the study of composition, the study of color, the test of different sizes, etc. All of them are decisions that we will work with before jumping into your final painting.
For many years, Shane has developed an approach to this traditional technique and will share with you its keys: how to conduct preparatory studies, how to take color notes, how to take anatomical notes, etc.
You will soon realize that it is not necessary to have a person posing for weeks to perform an artwork. There are other ways of observing, painting and learning. Behind everything, Shane teaches there are a specific application and purpose.
You will learn to use in your favor the advantage of not having time constraints to complete your painting, thanks to the solidity of a good preliminary preparatory study.