Expressive figure in charcoal, and portrait in oil
Students: 12 minimum – 18 maximum
Price: Starting at 2.695€
Includes: Full accommodation, breakfast, lunch, dinner, and airport shuttle
Days: 8 days workshop, 9 nights in residency
- Reception: October 17th, 2022
- Workshop: October 18th to 25th, 2022
- Check out: October 26th, 2022
Time: 9:30AM-6PM, includes 1,5 hours of lunch break & coffee
Language: English. The workshop assistant speaks Spanish, Catalan and English
Location: Biniatram, Menorca (Spain)
Cohabitation: students stay at the same house as Zin Lim
Models: Two models at a time every session. There is an extra model to keep working after hours.
Program: Download the program & supply list (PDF).
Status: OPEN TUITION
Covid-19: read our Covid-19 Guideline
Who is this workshop for?
The difficulty of learning to paint resides in the amount of information - often contradictory - that we must assimilate, which produces an art more focused on the fear of error than on creative joy. We experience disappointment and unease at not being able to structure our emotions with the techniques that we are still trying to digest.
In this workshop, you will reconnect with that ‘forgotten touch’ that channels emotion through your unconscious activity. Get ready to scout the invisible: you will not be taught to “paint two eyes”, but to capture the gaze through the emotion of the gesture. Zin Lim will show you how the emotional use of line, value, and color can precede technical rigor, avoiding frustration. The goal of the workshop is that you gain more confidence in yourself and that you have fun painting.
Hopefully, on the last day, you can look face to face at your best artwork!
P.S.- It’s normal to experience some confusion during the first stage of his demonstrations since Zin Lim’s creative process starts from a seemingly chaotic area from which no structure can be deduced.
Perfect for you if…
- If you feel your painting rigid and want to unleash your emotions with a more expressive and painterly approach.
- If you want to transform your art with your vision, and learn unique stylization techniques.
- You love meeting people like you, participating in art chats and living along with Zin Lim.
NOT for you if…
- If you believe that accuracy and precision are more important than personal expression.
- If you consider that joy in execution is not the basis of your creative process.
- You’re not interested in the experience of meeting diverse people, discussing art with them and questioning their ideas.
What will you learn?
In this workshop, you will learn drawing and painting techniques designed to unlock your expressiveness and transform your art.
In addition, you will learn more efficient work processes for figure drawing, as well as portrait painting. Zin Lim will show you, step by step, how to manage the process of your artwork from a good beginning to its completion, without sacrificing vitality.
Through talks, demonstrations, and critiques, in this workshop you will learn to work on gesture and value, design strategies, stylization techniques, creative processes, and visual effects techniques. Also, you will learn to understand space and, finally, to improvise.
Zin Lim will put all his energy to make the process fun so you can enjoy creating artworks, regardless of your skills.
Sounds good, right? 😎